An FPS Server guide for developers It's not rocket science and to be honest, most if not all of these features have been around for some time. However we keep seeing new games released, with a lot of these basic features missing. Click here to view the list of features we've been asking for since 2001
Please use this thread to leave feedback or be part of the continued discussion on what admins need to run a successful game server.
Register and download the game here.
Server files are available too!
The official release date for our BF2142 Revival is set in stone for Friday, September 23rd! If you've been following our news posts, you know that we've been hard at work bringing the proper infrastructure to life. We're proud to announce that existing players should have a seamless experience getting started on BF2142. When the time comes, a launcher update will be pushed which will bring compatibility for the long awaited BF2142 public consumption.
The steam pre order page shows online multiplayer. I wonder if you can use the old mods.
In today’s “Inside Gearbox Software” panel at PAX West 2016, we finally announced the return of Duke Nukem! Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour is slated to explode onto Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC on October 11th. You can preorder your copy as well as check out the official trailer below. Hail to the King!
Blast your way through hordes of ugly aliens in four classic Duke Nukem 3D episodes plus an additional all new fifth episode from the game’s original episode designers with new music from the game’s original composer and new Duke Talk from the original voice of Duke Nukem!
• ALL-NEW Episode FIVE, created by the original episode designers, Allen Blum III and Richard “Levelord” Gray!
• New, bonus content in Episode 5: Duke Nukem finally gets an INCINERATOR to roast new “Firefly” enemies!
• New “Duke Talk” plus high-fidelity re-recordings from Duke Nukem’s original voice actor, Jon St. John!
• New musical score for Episode 5 created by Duke’s theme song author and original game composer, Lee Jackson!
• Original 1996 source code and “2.5D” engine re-mastered in True 3D for Xbox One, Playstation 4 and Windows 10!
This is just a quick review of my 35 minutes with the game before work this morning.
- Download was around 7Gig and I was able to download that in about 4 minutes
- All my BF4 keyboard settings worked with the beta with the exception of my mouse. I had to invert it (yes I'm one of those players)
- Visuals are stunning in 4K (running dual 980GTI in SLI) all settings turned to ultra, had one stall but that could have been a networking hiccup
- I did not have any servers under 120ping thus let matchmaking pick my server
- Vehicles have more seats in them then past BF games
- it's a bit slower paced but I'm not sure if that is just the game (WWI) or because I'm just starting out in rank (make it to Level 3) where I was Level 133 in BF4
- Weapons seem very nice, lots of mounted weapons on buildings, around flags
- Again game play very smooth not sure what my ping was
- Loved the period aircraft and you have to get use to them. I crashed into more mountains and enemy planes then I would have liked too.
More to come later tonight after work when i can get some more seat time behind the controls. The one thing I don't like about these beta's is there is never any hardcore servers. I only play hardcore
I did not get any screen shots but will later tonight and post. Please let me know how you feel about the demo. This was a game I was going to hold off on but I may pre order after all. I know I know I should learn my lesson (Battlefront).
Looks like Battlefield 1 open beta starts Aug 31st
Ready to go boots on the ground at the dawn of all-out war? It's almost time – the Battlefield 1 Open Beta begins on August 31 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Origin for PC.
Battlefield Insider members get early access, and if you sign up by August 21, you can join them as some of the first people in the world to play the Battlefield 1 Open Beta. If you've already signed up, make sure you go to the Battlefield Insider Page and select your platform preference, otherwise you won’t get a code to play early.
We released this both as a thank you for your patience as backers and supporters, but also because we can't help but share a glimpse of the awesome work happening in the Bulkhead offices. With the launch of our PayPal store, we thought it was only right to show you the level of quality your support is producing and also how much the money raised by both Kickstarter pledges, and now PayPal pre-orders, continue to help Battalion 1944's development as the premier WW2 FPS of the next generation.